Saturday, March 26, 2011

Seeking Joseph

While looking over a calendar of family events for the month of April to come up with some ideas for a couple new blog posts, I realized that next month would be the 100th anniversary of the passing of my 2nd great grandfather Joseph Roberts.   And I thought wouldn't it be nice to write up his family history as a post, sort of an In Memorium. 

So I opened up my Family Tree Maker program to see what information and media I had that I could use, including a Family Group Sheet with his wife Ceclia (Gillem) Roberts and seven children, and as a child in the family of Russell and Maheltable (Fuller) Roberts (of which he is the only known child currently).  Quickly I came to the sad realization that this branch of mine has been slightly neglected and looks a lot like swiss cheese.  I have a lot of "about" dates, and "unknown" names and places that need some additional research completed before I'm ready to post any sort of formal history.

So instead, I've decided to post a series of blog entries over the next 30 days about my attempts to fill in the gaps.  I hope you will join me on my journey as I attempt to "Seek Joseph".

Love and Aloha,
Cuzn Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...